Nashville, NC
Just did the test and here are my numbers:

FC 6
CC .5
TC 6.5
pH 7.35
TA 200
CYA <20

My chlorine burns off quickly. I assume this is due to the low level of CYA. I am going to purchase some more today as I only purchased 3lbs of it for a 22000 gallon pool. I was battling algae, but with a CC of .5 I think that is done with. My question is the TA seems to be really high. Should I worry about it? Also, should I try to raise the pH to around 7.5?

Thanks,
Nod

Nod,
CC of 0.5 is not that uncommon for a "normal" pool, also could be the error allowance in the test. You defintely need CYA up to 30 -50 ppm. Your pH is fine for now (7.2-7.6 is ideal).

Your TA is high, which means your pH will probably drift upwards with any aeration (rain, splashing, etc.). There is an article in the Pool School that addresses lowering TA HERE, but first, make sure you are familiar with the basic chemistry balancing articles in the Pool School.

Please let us know if there is anything else you need help with!

CRG_80cc said:
For your TA, did the drops come out slowly for R-0009 or were they small ones that were difficult to control? If they were the later, then your TA reading will be inaccurate. See this post by Dave about that issue:

to-all-tf-100-purchasers-since-june-1-2008-t7515.html

I did notice it was hard to control the drops and they were a lot smaller. Thanks for the info! I will recheck now.

I did notice it was hard to control the drops and they were a lot smaller. Thanks for the info! I will recheck now.
That sure sopunds like one of those defective tips......and they're showing up in the R-0009's which pretty much confirms it.

Nod, please confirm your last name to me, and I'll get new tips out tomorrow AM. Reread that post KTDave referred you to about how to replace them and how to do the test 'til you get your tip(s).

Again, I'm really sorry for the innaccurate test results this has put some of you through.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.