I would love to DIY to cover a Light junction box.

Mar 19, 2013
Rochester, NY
Hello everyone! Happy April! I have been searching around for idea's (other then fake rock ~ will be my last resort), to hide a light junction box. Have not seen much. If any of you have done this, could you be so kind to attach a picture. Curious to see how it looks. I have thought about making a bench over it??

My junction box is at the far left. I hope your all can see.
Thank you and can't wait to open our first full season!
Rachel

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

opps!!! First picture is incorrect! Its the second picture

Random thought ... get a LARGE flower pot and put a smaller flower pot inside upside down. Cut out the bottom of the large pot inside the smaller one and somehow connect the 2. You can then set this over the box, fill with dirt, plant flowers.

Clearly the pot would have to be plastic or wood so you could hollow it out.

Or maybe easier, create a big flower box around it and just put a pot / irrigation box upside down over the junction box before you fill with dirt.

I like Jason's idea. Maybe you could even find a pot with a stand that would go over the box.

Something like
113_20135712655_Granite_flower_pot_and_stand.JPG
if the base is hollow.

I think I have see plastic pedestals that are hollow that you could then set a pot on.

Given the openness of the area, I might consider a huge planter box the full width of the pool and deck.

They actually make water tight junction boxes that can be below the ground with a access plate kind of like a water meter box. If a flush mount is what you might want.

I don't think that would meet code. 680.24 2a says "a) Vertical Spacing. The junction box shall not be located less than 4 in. above the ground or pool, outdoor spa, or hot tub deck, or not less than 8 in. above the maximum water level."

Thanks for all the suggestion. It's stubbed out that way because, PB said it was code for it to be that far away from the pool. My neighbor use the same PB and it's there also, just hidden with fencing, shrubs ect........ I was thinking (as a final) of putting a large/bench fake rock and call it a day. That way it's not to odd to be in the middle of the yard :-/ Still open for suggestions....... The pot idea is nice to.... just not sure i want it in the middle of grass......

How about a stone bed around the pool that made pot not seem in the middle of no where. I picture when you trim the grass around the rock it blowing grass all over concrete and into the pool. If you were to just grow grass to the edge every time you cut it even blowing it away from the pool it will still end up on the concrete.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

I don't think that would meet code. 680.24 2a says "a) Vertical Spacing. The junction box shall not be located less than 4 in. above the ground or pool, outdoor spa, or hot tub deck, or not less than 8 in. above the maximum water level."

Ok, so I should have asked first that this was not a low voltage run then. Makes sense.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How about a stone bed around the pool that made pot not seem in the middle of no where. I picture when you trim the grass around the rock it blowing grass all over concrete and into the pool. If you were to just grow grass to the edge every time you cut it even blowing it away from the pool it will still end up on the concrete.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk
Yes, that is what my neighbor has, stone around pool. It's our first year, I'd like to see how it goes with grass butted up to concrete. We are hoping with the electric safety cover we can eliminate grass clipping blowing into pool (also hoping landscapers blow away from pool - lol). So we will see how this year goes.

So this is what I did with the Junction box. I planted box woods around it. I plan on shaping it as it gets bigger. FYI ~ I had put a fake rock on top of it (for a bench look), went to take a picture of it.... that's when i noticed it look like a cemetery plot (I deleted the picture). I sent the rock back

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.