Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bad Pool Leak WIND STORM coming

1. Back To Top    #1

Bad Pool Leak WIND STORM coming

I have a bad(2 inches per 12 hours) pool leak that I was not able to detect in time for an approaching wind storm. Currently the above ground pool (28'x16) is sitting with about 1.5 foot of water uncovered. I fear that the wind is just going to destroy the walls. What should I do? The local pool company's wont touch it because of the cold weather. They suggested staking it off but that does not make any since to me because the wind could be coming from both directions??? I have about 16 hours to prepare. HELP TFP!!!!!

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Louisiana

Re: Bad Pool Leak WIND STORM coming

Do you know anyone with a wetsuit? If so get in there and find the leak
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Bad Pool Leak WIND STORM coming

Put the hose in and keep it running?

50' x 22' 27k gal shotcrete freeform, 2hp 2 sp Pentair Whisperflo, Pool Pilot RC-52 SWCG, Pentair TR 100 sand filter, Polaris 280, 2 Pentair Intellibrite LED lights with controller, french gray plaster, Butterfield U-20 "smoke"integral colored salt finish concrete cantilever deck on one side, flagstone coping on the other.

My pool build: