Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Large Lagoon vinyl pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Large Lagoon vinyl pool

We just started our build. We have 5 kids so we wanted something large over something fancy. It's a 22x34x40 saltwater. I am having trouble picking a liner I like the way the mosaic blue tile looks but worried it will be too dark and I really like the Caribbean look of the tan ones but I have trouble picturing how the ones our builder gave us to look at will look in real life. The other one I love is called gold pebble made by Latham. If anyone one has IRL of a pool liner you love please share. Thanks!!

22x34x40 lagoon vinyl IG pool, 30,000 gal (I think), 8 ft deep with vinyl over step, led light, 2 drains, 3 returns, 2 skimmers, 1 1/2 pentair super flow pump, Polaris w/booster, pentair salt system, 1500 sq ft of deck.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Large Lagoon vinyl pool

Looking good!!
    Vette, DH, & 2 DDs Our IG AGP Build
    In-ground Radiant 24', 1.5 Pentair IntelliFlo pump, Hayward Sand Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

We installed a Kafco mountain top/blue mosaic recently, and it is beautiful. It is not too dark at all. I will try to post some other pictures later that are more close up. We actually had ordered another pattern (with a pebbly look, I think it was called creek stone), and got this one by mistake, but I am so happy with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    14k gal IG vinyl, Jandy Flopro 1 hp up-rated, 2 spd pump, Hayward 325 sq ft cartridge filter, Circupool Si-40 SWCG

4. Back To Top    #4

Beautiful that is the exact one we are thinking of going with. I will have to stalk you to find more pictures now lol!
    22x34x40 lagoon vinyl IG pool, 30,000 gal (I think), 8 ft deep with vinyl over step, led light, 2 drains, 3 returns, 2 skimmers, 1 1/2 pentair super flow pump, Polaris w/booster, pentair salt system, 1500 sq ft of deck.

5. Back To Top    #5

Here is a frog I found in my pool yesterday morning.

And a picture looking down past a return.

Maybe that will give you more of an idea of what the mosaic looks like sort of close up.
    14k gal IG vinyl, Jandy Flopro 1 hp up-rated, 2 spd pump, Hayward 325 sq ft cartridge filter, Circupool Si-40 SWCG

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

I like the setup of that pool. Can't wait to see it finished!
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

7. Back To Top    #7

That pool shape & layout is great. Lots of usable space and a huge shallow area yet a nice deep end too! Going to be nice.
    26,000 gal 18x36' IG Vinyl Pool - Hayward S244T Sand filter - Hayward Tri-star 2-speed 1.5HP pump - Goldline Aqua Plus SWCG and Controller with Tcell-15 - Aquacomfort 125K BTU Heatpump - Hayward Color Comfort 4.0 LED - Zodiac MX8 suction cleaner - TF100 test kit
    My Build thread

8. Back To Top    #8

Wow I love it! The pictures really help!! Feel free to add as many as you like lol. Never thought choosing a liner would be so hard. Anybody have an IRL pic of Gold pebble?

9. Back To Top    #9

They did the brackets and secured with cement today

10. Back To Top    #10

Here is a link to a picture of a pool with a gold pebble liner. http://www.houzz.com/discussions/796...e-vinyl-liner-

11. Back To Top    #11

Also see the last page of this thread for another picture of a gold pebble liner. http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...673#post587673

12. Back To Top    #12

I do have one suggestion to offer on a different topic, with a pool that big and with the lagoon shape I would suggest installing more than 1 pool light (it seems to have only 1 light cutout now). Personally I would opt for 3, one on each point for good lighting coverage and minimum shadows.

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
    I do have one suggestion to offer on a different topic, with a pool that big and with the lagoon shape I would suggest installing more than 1 pool light (it seems to have only 1 light cutout now). Personally I would opt for 3, one on each point for good lighting coverage and minimum shadows.

Ike
    I agree with this. We only have 1 and could easily use another and ours isnt nearly as big as yours.
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

14. Back To Top    #14

I love the tan liners but I also love that mosaic tile too! I have a tile liner in my above ground pool and I am totally smitten with it!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

15. Back To Top    #15

My pool is a similiar shape:

Here are some close-ups of the liner:

I also agree with the lights. I have two - and wish there were three.
    34K gal IG, 37'x40' lagoon, vinyl, Pentair IntelliFlo VS Pump, 500# Hayward sand filter, Jandy SWG, Raypac heat pump, 4 deck jets, Hayward Super Pump + deck fountain, Dolphin Oasis Z5

16. Back To Top    #16

Thanks for the links to the tan liners I really appreciate it!!! Good suggestion on the light. I will talk to my PB and hubby about adding another light and hubby who says we are at our Max on the budget lol!

- - - Updated - - -

Your pool looks great thanks for sharing the pic

17. Back To Top    #17

what is that pattern called Mike? all pools in this thread look good btw!
    18x36 Inground 22000 gal Vinyl Lined sport pool \ P Pentair Intelliflo VS pump, Sta-rite 400SQ FT Cartridge filter, Pentair MasterTemp 250K HD Heater, Pentair SunTouch Control System, Pentair IC40 SWG, 2 Pentair Intellibrite 5G Lights, Pentair Intellibrite lite Controller, Pentair Kreepy Krauly 820 robot.

18. Back To Top    #18

Talked to the pool builder and we are going to add another light! Thanks for the advice.

19. Back To Top    #19

Rachel3 - you could have taken the words out of my mouth on pool liners! I think we are in the same boat - I am currently torn between the sandstone bottom and blue mosaic tile. Did you make a decision yet - find any pictures you could share? Thanks!

20. Back To Top    #20

After looking up a million pictures we decided to go with the cobblestone liner. To us the golden pebble was a bit to green and the blue mosaic was a bit too dark of a blue. Here is a link to how the cobblestone looks in different lights http://myaquafun.com/inground-pools/...p-carousel-443 ours should be put in in about 2 or 3 weeks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast