Old pool, old fittings

Jan 8, 2014
I am in the middle of a remod of a pool built in the 1960's or 1970's. The jets and skimmers fittings are very fine threaded, not NPT.

I plan to replace all the return jet ends and the vacuum line end with modern 1-1/2" NPT fittings so I can use modern eyeballs and also vacuum line door closer with springs.

I did not want to replace the skimmers. They look to be Hayward SP-1096 or similar skimmers (based on looking at pics, I did not find a model number).

My trouble is that the fitting in the skimmer is 1-1/2" and I need to plug it in order to pressure test all my new plumbing. Does anyone know where to get these fine threaded plugs? I asked Hayward, and local stores, nobody seems to know what these are.

I already thought of the rubber-type plugs and I guess that may be the best I can do, although I have my doubts that those will hold for a 40 psi pressure test.

The jets I currently have, to be replaced, look like this guy's jets

attachment.php

attachment.php

...so I'm not the only guy in the world with these old fittings! Doesn't seem like they are available anymore though.

If anyone knows where to get a fine-threaded old pool skimmer 1-1/2" test plug, or other workable solution, the help would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.