Building 27' AG Pool

Mine gets tight as well. Try giving the lid a sharp bump with the palm of your hand where the ears are. Did you lube the o-ring with pool lube ?
When you put the lid back on push down a little while you turn it to the stops. That way it'll be seated properly.

I've had issues getting mine off too at times in the past and what I'd do is get a straight head screw driver and put it on the ears as pwrstrk noted and gently tap is open with a hammer. It was the only way I could get it to budge. Also, make sure you're using POOL LUBE and nothing else! I found some at Lowes in the pool section last year and grabbed some. Any time you take that lid off to clean the basket, you should lube that O ring that's on the lid. That's basically a seal.

Oh and those river rocks... I worked for those rocks Gerry. I hand picked every single one of them from the river right in front of that house and put them around the pool. :mrgreen:

Any time you take the lid off to clean the basket, give her a lil lube before putting back on and you should be good! :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm not completely sure as I've never had it happen to me in 6 years of pool ownership. I did see a local pool company on my FB page that a skimmer box was ripped off a pool because the owner wrapped the tension cord from the cover under the skimmer box and when the pool filled with water and then froze, it ripped the box off the pool. I can't say that happened in the link because I don't know. It's only one example...

Have fun with that gwc! My rock gathering days are over since moving away from the river. :mrgreen:

I got the old Intex 24' liner wall cut. It looks like it will give me about 16" around the pool to put rocks. That will $ave a few dollars on landscape fabric. I will post pictures of it around the pool once this severe weather leaves later this week.

Gwc - did you fit and tape the foam insulation down before you put the wall up? Or after the wall was in place? Also, was the foam even with the bottom rails? Or was the sand even with the bottom rails and then you put the foam down?

Gary,

Great pool, I have a 15ft Saltwater 8000 headed my way. This thread will be a great help when installing ours. One question though. Did the pool water bonding kit come with your pool or was it something that had to be ordered seperately?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.