Building 27' AG Pool

Re: Building 27' AG Pool DIY SWG

Readings today at 2:15PM EDT
Temp = 67
PH = 7.7 ( darker that 7.5 lighter that 7.8)
FC = 4.5
CC = 0.0
TC = 4.5
TA = 100
CYA = 50 (hasn't been a week yet)
CH = 50
Borate = 50
Salt = 3200

1) With SWG is FC = 4.5 correct or should it be closer to 3.0?
2) the pump is running 10 hrs per day 5AM - 9AM and 2PM - 3PM and 9PM - Midnight. Can I lower the pump run time?
3) the SWG is currently at 80%. Can I run it at 100% with a shorter pump run time? Will it damage the cell?
4) Pool Math suggests 3 - 10 PPM FC range. What is the reason for the wide variation in PPM FC in Pool Math?
5) My pump has an extra connection on the wiring diagram see 2nd picture below RED 4 Yellow 5. Could this be a two speed pump only wired from the factory as a one speed? How could I find out? Any help appreciated.

More than likely it is an on off switch if it is wired that way. The label shows only one RPM so that means it is a single speed. Plus they would never put a two speed motor on then wire it for single speed because the motor cost is higher and they would need to sell it that way to justify the cost.

Thanks Mark - Always hopeful.
Any thoughts about the other questions?
1) With SWG is FC = 4.5 correct or should it be closer to 3.0?
2) the pump is running 10 hrs per day 5AM - 9AM and 2PM - 3PM and 9PM - Midnight. Can I lower the pump run time?
3) the SWG is currently at 80%. Can I run it at 100% with a shorter pump run time? Will it damage the cell?
4) Pool Math suggests 3 - 10 PPM FC range. What is the reason for the wide variation in PPM FC in Pool Math?

1. You can find that in Pool School FC/CYA chart

2. Run your pump enough to keep the pool clean. It takes experimentation.

3. Get your pump run time established first......then adjust if you need to.

4. Not sure I understand. Where do you see a 3-10 variation?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Water Balance for SWGs
FC 3-5 ppm
Several posts have said that the SWG should operate at a lower FC.
Using your numbers above, then, the target should be 5 and you should replenish when it drops to 3. If you use 3 as a target, you drop below minimum right away.

Please use 4 ppm as your minimum and 6 ppm as your target.

What is the best thing to use around the bottom of the pool to prevent erosion and weed growth? I can cut an old Intex liner and use that for a weed block but what should I put on top of it? I have read that small stones do not allow the water to move freely and clogs with dirt and silt. I am considering an 18" no grow area around the pool. Does this sound about right or too narrow or too wide?

I have not but... I did around my last pool. I will post pics for you later. I used an old liner and river rock. It was like that from 07'-10' until I took the pool down and gave it to my brother. I do plan on a border around this one as soon as the money starts flowing again. Hubby wants to use stone and it's going to need a weed barrier.

He's doing great gcw! He's back to the gym and working out like a Boss everyday! We get there about 9am. :mrgreen:

I went looking and it seems the only pic I have is this one...

I have a question about the 1-1/2HP 1-Speed Power-Flo Matrix Pump on the pool. I installed the cover over the filter basket as tightly as possible. It is still leaking. When I turn off the pump water comes out in a stream until the pressure is equalized in the filter system. Then it is a steady drip from under the lid. I know -- tighten the cover. I can not turn it any tighter. I can not remove the cover, it is too tight. How do you get the cover off? I am afraid of breaking it. Is there a wrench made to remove /tighten the cover. What has any one else done when they have experienced this?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.