Building 27' AG Pool

Re: 1.75 psi pressing on the bottom of the pool

Beautiful!!! Looks like you had to do a lot of digging to get your pool in. The picture with the steps clearly shows the pool bottom pattern -- FANTASTIC!!!!

Your pool is looking awesome! I am pretty much sold on the saltwater 8000. Excited to hear how you like it and a review once you are completely finished. Thanks again for the updates.

Thanks thedarktitan.
I am filling it now. From the looks of the fill level I think it will be Monday afternoon before it is filled. I have about 16" in it now but I do not fill it after dark so the liner can continue to stretch from the sunshine and warmth. I have added some bleach to the water to stave off algae.

Post pics when you get her topped off.

I installed the Skimmer and return fitting today. The Hayward Wide Mouth skimmer has to be assembled when you take it out of the box. It came with two different size butterfly silicone gaskets. It also came with two different types of screws - a pan head and a tapered. Use the pan head for assembling the tow pieces of the skimmer together and the tapered screws for attaching the skimmer to the pool. See photo below

The two pieces of the skimmer to be attached - note the butterfly gasket.

The two pieces of the skimmer have been attached.

Both the return and skimmer installed.

View of skimmer and return front view.

My son helped me get the pool pump and filter set up. If anything looks problematic or wrong please let me know. The filling of the pool has stopped until I get filter sand Monday. Due to Masters no way to get anything in Augusta today.
The picture below shows that the kids had a good time even though the water is colder that a well diggers behind.

The next 2 pictures show the pump and filter connected to the skimmer and the return

This picture shows a hole - referenced by the well digger remark - that I am thinking of placing the pole to mount the Aqua Trol control unit on. Please make any comments, advice or suggestions on the possible placement of the controller at this location in relation to the filter and pump. This location allows the pump to be plugged in to the controller and the SWG cell to reach the controller. Look for the big pile of dirt and the hole.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
1.75 psi pressing on the bottom of the pool

You can sell that pump and then get 1 hp 2 speed. That's a lot of pump for that pool.
Put it on CL for a decent price and I bet it goes. You'll make up the difference in electric savings quickly.

I have developed a very frustrating problem. The Hayward wide mouth skimmer is leaking at the joint in the skimmer. It is not leaking at the side of the pool. The leak is about 3 drops per second. I have removed the skimmer and retightened the 8 bolts that hold the two pieces together and put it back in the pool but the leak is still there

Please any help would be appreciated. I am concerned I will crack the plastic if I tighten it any more. 4 of the screws are visible from the pool the other 4 are only visible when the skimmer is removed from the pool.

They shouldn't be too tight. Theses skimmers are a bear!!! I regret ever getting a wide mouth!!! Mine didn't leak there but up against the wall!

Thanks Casey. I am going to lower the pool water and remove it again. It seems that you have to tighten the screws in a round robin fashion as when one is tightened it makes another loose. I will take more time and see if it helps.

I removed the skimmer and retighten the 8 screws that hold the two pieces together. I really put some muscle into it and it no longer leaks. YEAH!!!!!!
While the skimmer was off I went ahead and installed the pool water bonding kit. It required a 3/16" hole to be drilled through the skimmer housing and then bolt the metal plate into the skimmer. The las step was attaching the pool bond wire to the water bonding plate.

The pool boning wire attached

I just spent 5 hours on my new skimmer box. I've had that thing on and off at least 4 times! Omg... I was dropping the F BOMB all over the place! Thank God the neighborhood kids were still in school! :oops: I just got it to quit leaking by adding another gasket on the outside of the pool/skimmer box. Nothing I did would keep it from leaking except adding the old gasket. Just glad that's over!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.