Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: which is better a salt system pool or the regular chorline type pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Post which is better a salt system pool or the regular chorline type pool?

We have a 16 foot by four food high round above ground pool that we are getting setup and was wanting to know which is the best to go. We have the pump sand filter and a intex salt system that I will be installing on the pool. I have not decided yet on using flex tubing or using pvc pipe to plumb the system. I plan on pouring a cement pad for the pump and filter. Can anyone help me out?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: which is better a salt system pool or the regular chorline type pool?

Welcome to the forum!

So, did you intend on putting the salt cell to use, or just have it as an option? I don't know how big the pool is but it's up to you. For me, it wouldn't be worth doing salt unless it was a large pool, but that is only my opinion. Many people put SWGs on smaller pools and love them.

Lots of people love salt pools for feel and ease of maintenance, but you still have to be diligent in learning how it works as you would with any type of pool.

Please add your pool info to your sig line so we can help you more quickly when answering your questions.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: which is better a salt system pool or the regular chorline type pool?

If you have an AC place around they have that hard plastic pads that they put A/C units on, it might be easier than the concrete pad. You may want to check local bleach prices (Pinch-a-penny/Leslies bulk chlorine). It may be more economical if you have a short pool season.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida