Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: jets in pool

1. Back To Top    #1

jets in pool

How do I get water to come through the jets on the sides of my pool?
    15,000 gallon plaster pool with spa and water fall, 250 Pentair MiniMax Plus Heater
    Nautilus FNS FIberglass D.E. Filter 48 Sq ft, Leslie's DPD Complete Chlorine Kit + TFTestkits Chlorine & CCs Kit.
    Oak trees overhanging most of pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: jets in pool

We need a little more details. Do you mean your pool has multiple jets, or there is no water coming our of your pump return (eyeball fitting)? I assume you mean multiple jets, so there should be some kind of way to split the flow between them in your plumbing system. There should be some handles you can turn to adjust flow.
    11,700 gallon 21' round 54" deep all-resin AGP - June 2012
    Waterway 1HP 2-speed pump / 100 sq ft cartridge filter
    Hayward 150,000btu Natural Gas heater
    I use and recommend the TF-100 for testing

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't know what you call them other than jets. There are four around the pool and they have stuff growing in them. I have never seen water come out of them. I tried adjusting the levers with no positive results.

I have a lever that turns on the spa jets, one that turns on the water feature and one that I think switches between the bottom drain and the skimmers. When I turn that last one the filter pressure starts to rise.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry false alarm. The lever that works the water feature also works the jets depending on where you put it. This will be my first summer with the pool. Still trying to figure it all out.

4. Back To Top    #4

If you see stuff growing, you know you need to SLAM right?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by rotenka View Post
    I don't know what you call them other than jets. There are four around the pool and they have stuff growing in them. I have never seen water come out of them. I tried adjusting the levers with no positive results.

I have a lever that turns on the spa jets, one that turns on the water feature and one that I think switches between the bottom drain and the skimmers. When I turn that last one the filter pressure starts to rise.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry false alarm. The lever that works the water feature also works the jets depending on where you put it. This will be my first summer with the pool. Still trying to figure it all out.
    The one that you think switches between the drain and skimmers is important! (It should be before the pump if that's how you figured that out). Keeping the drain on a little will really help with the circulation in the bottom of the pool.
    11,700 gallon 21' round 54" deep all-resin AGP - June 2012
    Waterway 1HP 2-speed pump / 100 sq ft cartridge filter
    Hayward 150,000btu Natural Gas heater
    I use and recommend the TF-100 for testing