Test Kit for new owner

Nov 11, 2013
Pocasset, Oklahoma
Good Afternoon All- I am a new owner of a gunite pool around 13K gallons. I have read a lot on here and am learning more and more daily. I can see that the Ultra Pure ozone system is not the most popular. My build already started prior to learning about it. I am going to go ahead and give it a go, and figure I can remove it or bypass it if need to. I am researching testing kits and it seems the TFTest kits TF-100 seems to be the Cadillac of test kits. Will the ozone system effect my readings at all if I purchase this? Do I need to compensate either way with this system? I am also reading into the BBB procedure and thought I may be able to use it to help. Any thoughts on this are greatly appreciated. To date my pool has not been tested at all but I am betting I can get a lot more useful information on here on how to get it going in no time! Thanks again

You're still going to have to maintain a FC level in the pool as well as all the other parameters, so the kit will definitely be an asset. Having ozone doesn't negate any of the tests that are in the kit.

TF 100 is the kit to use and add the speed-stir. It makes testing so much easier and more accurate. Unless your pool is indoor the ozone system has very little effect on your chlorine demand. Sunlight destroys ozone, so in an outdoor pool, it just doesn't help.

I have nothing but good things to say about the TF-100 kit, so I'd definitely recommend purchasing one.

If you can return the Ozone system, I'd do that to save a few bucks. Having it on doesn't hurt, but it doesn't help much either.

Any of the kits listed on the pool school page are good. The TF-100 has more chemicals so you can do more tests, I went with the K-2006 as I found the pH test easier to read (the pH readings are in steps of 0.2 and the test tube is wider so the colors are much more obvious).

Having just disabled the ozone on my pool this last weekend, I too would suggest removing the ozone from the build and saving some money.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.