No recirculate option on my DE filter set up...

Jan 19, 2012
Richland, PA
Looking to get a handle on my green pool as stated in other post in this forum. Question--since I need to have water moving to get decent #s to base additions of various chemicals, is it advisable to just push water through my pump itself with no filter in place. Will I compromise my pump with no filter in place? There is an internal basket on the pump to catch any larger debris, algea should go right thru it. Any opinions out there???

The filter is after the pump ... so not having a filter would have no impact on the pump. The same water goes through the pump whether or not there is a filter after it.

Are you just trying to do this so you have water movement when you are not around to backwash/clean the filter?

you're right--i feel dumb now that i asked that question. I wish I could blame it on Monday, but it's Tuesday.
Exactly, I just want to circulate water so I can get accurate values with cya, fc, ect as well as disperse chemicals. Everything need to clear out my algea problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.