Jandy e2.0...question on operation/automation

leibin

LifeTime Supporter
May 18, 2010
Prescott Valley AZ
Hello!

So, with enjoyment, my new pump arrived today, the Jandy JEP2.0. I checked the manual before I ordered and I was under the assumption that I could set speeds directly on the pump like I could on my Pentair vs3050, but the sticker on the top of the motor assy says "This pump must be installed with a 2, mutli or variable speed pump motor controller"....does this mean I can't use this 3 ft long monster (which may be too long anyway) on it's own? Do I have to buy the controller I was looking at getting this fall....now? (iAqualink IQ904-PS) Appreciate any input, I was hoping to manually control this like the Pentair pump for the summer and then fully automate as budget permitted this fall.........if not, does Pentair have something similar in features and price range to the iAquaLink IQ904-PS and PLC1400 SWG so I could return and make a switch? This JEP2.0 is still in the box by my front door and is ready to return if I can't make this work :(

Thanks!

You either need the epump controller (around $160) for manual control or a Jandy automation system to control the pump.

Pentair has some things in the same price range, but they have somewhat different (mostly overlapping) feature sets.

One more dumb question if you don't mind ;) I went ahead and ordered the iaqualink and SWG for this, I don't see where the serial cable comes into play - does the cable come with the controller or do I need to order one, too? Seems like this should be either with the pump or the controller?

Thanks again Jason, found the cable in the pump box :D LOL....One last question on this pump - If I don't yet have the controller, can I still plumb and connect this pump up, and expect it to just run at full speed, or is it not going to run until I connect the controller to it? Asking because I have time this weekend to install it, and then next weekend the controller and SWG will be here...

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, just noted in the manual after reading it for the 3rd time, that the pump will not turn out without being connected and controlled by a controller unit.

Thanks again ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.