My PB told me the deck didn't need to be watered unless the temps were really hot (ours were in the 70s, not really hot, but very windy). He said to water cure the concrete it had to be constantly consistently wet for 7 days, so unless I was going to quit my full time job to take on concrete curing, not to worry about it. Don't know what your temps are, but take that as you may!

For a pool deck you may get away without watering it. But, just in case others see this thread ---- the curing of concrete is a chemical process called hydration. It is not a drying process. It is particularly important to keep it wet/moist for the first 3-4 days and the longer the better. Use a lawn sprinkler or cover it in plastic or burlap, "hire" a neighbour, or anything else that serves the purpose. Keeping it moist contributes significantly to its final strength, lower propensity to crack, abrasion resistance, and impermeability. These may be less critical structurally for a pool deck slab but for a pool shell, retaining wall, house foundation/wall/slab it would be very important.

He said to water cure the concrete it had to be constantly consistently wet for 7 days, so unless I was going to quit my full time job to take on concrete curing, not to worry about it.

Im a contractor that does a fair amount of concrete construction and Im not sure where the myth of wetting a concrete structure a few times a day came from, but not only is it wrong, its actually worse for the structure.
Either constantly wet, or cover the concrete with something to reduce the mositure loss (which is what curing actually is), or sit by your new shell and drink a beer.
You will feel better and its better for your pool too!
http://www.concrete.net.au/publications/pdf/Curing06.pdf

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.