New Pool Build in Central Texas

Hello again! It's been a while since I posted. Things sure slowed down right after I said they were moving along nicely. Haha. Rock work is done and it is so much taller than we expected! There are lots of planters built in so we can add plants and trees(in the back) to soften things up some. Concrete was poured for decking on Friday and they are now laying the flagstone. PB hopes to be done with the decking around the pool so plaster can be done next week. Irrigation guy came to inspect what needs to be done for planters and new sod we will have around decking. Equipment is supposed to go in on Saturday. Lots of little things on his "punch list" and we should be swimming by first week of June(I hope).

We had the concrete(and will have flagstone) for the pool house poured with the decking and equip. pad along with the plumbing and electric stub outs done. It may be a couple of months before we can tackle that project because of the increased cost of upgrading our decking. Ouch.

Here you can see the steps going up to the slide(all 13 of them). This is pre-flagstone decking. There will be a large plant of some sort just above flat rock above spa and in front and back of slide entry. There will also be smaller plants on both sides of the slide going down to conceal it better.

bazy9u6e.jpg

This is from inside the pool looking up at where the slide exits.

quma4y4y.jpg

Another view. We will have 2 mountain laurels planted in the big planters in the back and some other tall plants here and there along with small flowering type plants mixed in the rock planters.

y3ydereb.jpg

This is a view of where the equipment and bathroom will be. There will be one back wall on the pool house and the rest will be open. BR and equip will be behind this wall.

3y7yja5e.jpg

One more look at slide going down because I'm just so dang excited about it! You can see a planter next to it to the right.

7uby5ymy.jpg

And they will be rocking the outside of spa this week as well.

Ready to be done!!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I sooooo want to swim in your pool! Like really!!!! :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks guys. I'm ready to see some plants in there as well. Need to soften all the rock up a bit. We are trying to go with plants that are evergreen and that won't be too messy. We'll also keep it away from the edge of the pool as much as possible. Definitely won't have any Crepe Myrtles anywhere nearby and some of the tall wispy grasses are a pain as well. Northrider- I saw the turbo twister when I was researching for ours. It will be so much fun!! My kids said they wanted a "twisty" one but we went with something else. So I'll be curious how you like it when it is all done. I'm really enjoying watching the builds on here. Hope y'all can get done before July!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So we got plaster today! Not sure what to think just yet. Acid wash is tomorrow. It is pretty splotchy and streaky in places. Is this normal for pre-acid wash? And the winds picked up and now there is debris in the pool.

emepavav.jpg

geqyhega.jpg

dahabu2a.jpg

I was not crazy about this crew. They seemed lazy and careless. One put his cigarette out in a crevice in the rocks and left it there. That is a huge pet peeve of mine. Another dumped the blue water out in a terrible place and got it all over my flagstone and left a puddle of blue there to dry. Pretty irritating. Hopefully the little flaws I see will be remedied by the acid wash or they just won't be visible with water in the pool. :/

Start up and pool school monday morning. Hoping for a smooth and happy ending to this process. I'm just a little anxious.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.