Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TF-100 Test Kit

1. Back To Top    #1

TF-100 Test Kit

My TF-100 test kit arrived today. I did order the oversize order so I don't run out of chlorine tester while converting. I do have one question in that I am looking for the chlorine tester to test up to the 15 ppm. I see the regular one but not the 15 ppm tester.
    18' Round AGP, 8,600 gallons, sand filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TF-100 Test Kit

That's the FAS-DPD kit, which is the combination of the little plastic tub of powder plus the bigger white squeeze bottle. (Pretty sure its labelled R-0870 and 0871, but I'm not near my kit. Can anyone help me out with those numbers?)
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

3. Back To Top    #3

TF-100 Test Kit

You got it right. R-0870 is the powder and the R-0871 is the liquid. Use the vial that says chlorine only. You'll use a 10 ml sample of pool water. 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

Great, I got it. Sorry for the stupid question. I think I'm going to have a lot of questions getting use to the BBB approach. Thanks for the quick response.

18' Round AGP, 8,600 gallons, sand filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

No problem and there are no stupid questions ! Don't hesitate to ask any questions. 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

BTW, I am not sure where you saw a 15ppm limit ... the FAS-DPD will accurately test up to 50ppm.

The yellow OTO chlorine test (with the pH test in the blue box) is a good quick check of whether there is any chlorine in the water, but not good for much beyond that.

You made an excellent choice and with our help will likely enjoy a very easy summer taking care of the pool.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!