Advice needed to convert vacuum to pressure port

I have a really old 33,000 gallon pool at my motel with (1) main drain (2) skimmers and a dedicated vac line. In this system, as required by law, I have a Stingl SR500 anti entrapment monitor.

Before the Stingl, I was able to use any type of Creepy Crawly type vac cleaners etc. At night, I'd lock the pool up, plug in the vac and in the morning, remove it. However, now I'm limited to the 30 minute maintenance window that's pre-programmed with the Stingl so I'm left with hand cleaning only. It isn't too big of a deal but my pool is in a mountain community with lot's of dust, blowing leaves etc so I almost have to vac every single day which is a BIG pain in the you know what.

Any way, I'd like to convert my vac line to a pressure line. I think I have the right idea but was hoping someone might be able to point my in the right direction. I've searched the net but haven't been able to find much about my conversion; most are wanting to go from pressure to vac.

Thanks.

Welcome to TFP!

That conversion is not that difficult as long as you don't mind PVC plumbing. Mostly it involved some plumbing at the equipment pad, and you may or may not need to change the fitting you have on the pool end.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Have you considered an electric robot? With the larger pool that might be the best route, you would not even need to be running the pool pump while the robot was cleaning and it would be faster.

If you really want a pressure side cleaner, I would assume you are not looking to add a booster pump, so you would need a cleaner that works without a booster. All you would have to do it disconnect the clearer line from the suction side of the pump and plumb it into the return side (either after the pool filter or before with a smaller secondary filter) with a 3-way valve to divert flow to it.

Honestly, I think in your case where you are going to be putting it in and out each night (or whatever frequency), a robot would be the best choice ... especially since you could then not run the pump all night and save a good bit of money on electricity that way.

Jblizzle- I'll have to look further into the robot cleaners as this might be a good alternative.

Essentially, I'm looking for some type of pool sweep that will work with my system whether it be a vacuum or pressure style. Currently, I'm contemplating ditching the Stingl and going with the much more simply Vacalert.

If i get the time, I'll draw a schematic of my current system and post it here. Maybe there's a plumbing trick that you guru's can help me with to solve my dilemma.

Appreciate all the info!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.