DH found a dead animal in our pool -- yuck!

JulieLeo

LifeTime Supporter
May 13, 2011
Atlanta, GA
So my DH was draining the winter rain/melted snow from the pool yesterday. Lot of leaves to get out of the pool and yep....he found a dead animal...squirrel, bird, frog....not sure he said it was. We have tall trees around that area of the yard so I'm sure it's one of those. He used the pool strainer ans hurled it over the fence into the woods.

So my question now is what sort of cleaning agent can we safely use to get all the **** out of the pool after we've cleaned the leaves and dirty water out. Is it safe to pressure wash it and then scrub with a bleach / soap mix, then pressure wash again. Our pressure washer is one of the home use machines...not a super industrial strength machine.

We need a little lesson in good pool hygiene for the spring.

Yuck!

I pull dead animals (lizards, mice, etc) out of the pool all the time. You just need to maintain adequate FC for your CYA, maybe boost it slightly, but not likely a need for the full SLAM process. Since you are having to clean up the pool after the winter, you will need to go through the SLAM Process anyway. You should not need to do any pressure washing and certainly do not put soap in the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.