Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can someone help me find an older post re: DYI PVC solar blanket rack?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can someone help me find an older post re: DYI PVC solar blanket rack?

Weather is warming! I know I saw a post last fall (might be older than that) where somebody was experimenting with a hanging rack for a solar cover, but my search skills seem to be lacking. Anybody remember that or any other links to something similar? Almost bought a reel yesterday and then though hmm I wonder if that rack was less money...
    somewhere around 6,800 gal 18 x 4 foot round Intex Ultra Frame AG, finished filling August 29, 2013. toy pump w/ "A" cartridge up and running next day --- July 2015 upgraded to Krystal Clear 3000 GPH pump and 16" sand filter --- May 2016 Intex auto cleaner and in July salt system and Hayward skimmer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can someone help me find an older post re: DYI PVC solar blanket rack?

Here's one. I thought I saw another one I'll look.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/showthread.php?t=45951
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by pwrstrk View Post
    Here's one. I thought I saw another one I'll look.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/showthread.php?t=45951
    That was the one - THANKS!

Also interested to see if you find another one.
    somewhere around 6,800 gal 18 x 4 foot round Intex Ultra Frame AG, finished filling August 29, 2013. toy pump w/ "A" cartridge up and running next day --- July 2015 upgraded to Krystal Clear 3000 GPH pump and 16" sand filter --- May 2016 Intex auto cleaner and in July salt system and Hayward skimmer

4. Back To Top    #4

Can someone help me find an older post re: DYI PVC solar blanket rack?

I did look around and those were the only ones I could find. I think it was a good idea. 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

I almost bought a reel a few weeks ago. Then, I decided to do what some have and cut my cover into three manageable sections. This has worked great for me and I am glad I didn't buy the reel.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).