Neighbor's Spa

Wildcat

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 30, 2013
Tucson, AZ
My new neighbor is a snowbird from Canada (I am in Tucson).

Very nice people but I don't know if they know much about spas. They had an ultra nice, expensive permanent spa (partially buried, looks like concrete block, brick and plaster). I know some about pools having been on here for a year, but I know nothing about spas either.

My issue is we have zero lot lines and their pump and heater are right next to my yard wall. The heater sounds like a jet turbine and whooshes and whines when running. Makes it hard to enjoy sitting outside in the afternoon/ evening, we live on a nice wash and golf course.

But they will be gone in a month so I guess I can live with it. But they also seem to run what they claim is a varispeed pump on high way too often, IMHO. It too is noisy and that they will run when they are gone. And I think their pool guy is at best incompetent, left their filter loose (and I had to call the police to make sure I wasn't thought to be trespassing when they were still in Canada and I helped tighten it) as water was leaking profusely

Does a spa need to have the pump run on higher RPM? It has a cover so not much gets in their and I would think lower speed would provide much more filtration than high speed which I use on my pool for part of the day to make skimmer and popup cleaner work. If I am right still not sure how to bring it up.

And to make it worse, nothing to do with a spa, but they leave floodlights on for hours at night which is a no no in Tucson as it hurts the dark sky the astronomers need a the local observatories, Sigh:sad:

We know all about spas up here. You use a snowblower to clear a path to the spa, you light a fire to make the water warm, you wear a toque when you're in the spa so your ears don't freeze, and you keep a cooler beside the spa so your beer don't freeze. What more do we need to know ?

Sorry about your neighbors' floodlights. Find out where they live in Canada and if they're not too far away I'll go have a word with them :)

We know all about spas up here. You use a snowblower to clear a path to the spa, you light a fire to make the water warm, you wear a toque when you're in the spa so your ears don't freeze, and you keep a cooler beside the spa so your beer don't freeze. What more do we need to know ?

Sorry about your neighbors' floodlights. Find out where they live in Canada and if they're not too far away I'll go have a word with them :)

Maybe its Joe and Laura? We can go together, good people, eh?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.