INSTALLED! Circupool si45

rarenomad

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 19, 2013
Just finished installing the SWG took me about 2 hours or so and working like a champ

Pool temp 60 degrees
Cell voltage 26.6
Cell current 5.0
Chlorine output 75%
Instant salinity 3300

here are some pictures

Yep the conduit don't actually connect but I put some duct tape to keep critters and water from getting in there.

I'm very proud of myself hehehe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

New results:

Pool temp 55 degrees
Chlorine output 60% <-- I dropped it from yesterdays 70% output since my FC was at 12 (its weird though that the FC went UP from last night even with the SWG off)
Instant salinity 3900 <-- Not sure if this is valid, I was told it would take 24hrs before readings were more accurate
FC 12

NOTE: I only put 14 bags of solar salt to achieve this salt level.

New results:

Pool temp 62 degrees
Chlorine output - 0 (I turn off the SWG so my FC can drop down to 5)
Instant salinity 4300
FC 12

I don't see the ground connection. You really should connect a #8 copper wire to the lug at the bottom of the control box and tie it in to the grounding system. Also, the wire you have in that hanging conduit doesn't really need to be in a conduit (unless you are like some people on this forum who have dogs that like to eat electrical stuff). I just used a bushing where the cord went into my timer box and left the cord exposed outside the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see the ground connection. You really should connect a #8 copper wire to the lug at the bottom of the control box and tie it in to the grounding system. Also, the wire you have in that hanging conduit doesn't really need to be in a conduit (unless you are like some people on this forum who have dogs that like to eat electrical stuff). I just used a bushing where the cord went into my timer box and left the cord exposed outside the box.

You are talking about BONDING not grounding. This is easily confused in many people's minds, so we have to be careful with terminology. You are correct though that the case should be bonded to the pool bonding system that should also be attached to the motors (which I think I can see).

Yep. You are right Jason, although the terms are often used interchangeably. We don't want him to leave the box unconnected to the rest of the system or even to connect it to a ground rod that is not connected to the rest of the system. With it grounded that way, there could still be a voltage difference between the control box and some other piece of equipment, and that is a safety concern.
What he should do is get about four feet of bare #8 copper and a split bolt connector. At the control box he should connect the wire to the lug at the bottom of the box (it is really close to the back of the box). And he should use the split bolt connector to connect that wire to the wire that connects the pump motor to the rest of the bonding system.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You did a great job connecting everything else. Hope it works for you. I just got mine connected and running about a week ahead of you. Mine looks just the same, but it is a Circupool Si40. I'm guessing there is no difference except the 5 at the end of the name. I've had mine at 15% on a 4 hour pump time for the last few days, and the OTO test has had the chlorine at 5 (or more) for the whole time. I will check it with the FAS-DPD test tonight to see how high it really is.

Yep the conduit don't actually connect but I put some duct tape to keep critters and water from getting in there.

I'm very proud of myself hehehe

Why did you encase the power cord in liquid-tite? I dont think its needed and may be against code (couduit is rated for individual conductors, not multiple conductor cables). You could have use a cord grip fitting on your supply panel instead of the liquid-tite.

http://www.tnb.com/ps/fulltilt/index.cgi?part=LH50

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Good luck with the new site. I for one am thankful you started it. I bought a house with a pool last september and wanted to ask a few questions at the other site but was unable to register.

Thanks again and good luck!

Innstead of duct tape, take out the factory fitting and replace it with the fitting already on the end of your couduit. It would be a better long term solution. you would have to disconnect the cable from inside the SWG panel, oull the cord out, swap fittings and hook up the cord.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely will be doing the bonding cable asap

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.