Spa draining into pool and seepage in spa walls

Sep 11, 2013
DFW Metroplex
I suspect leak in my pool, I loose close 3/4 of a inch every two days, today I noticed that once the pump turned off the water from spa is draining into pool, I have water seepage on the spa walls for past 2 months, I talked to a leak detection company in Dallas ( All tech leak detection) the first available appointment is early May and they charge $450 just to detect leak.

Since today is the first time the spa draining into the pool looking for some suggestions on how to tackle this issue.

spa1.jpg

spa2.jpg

The spa draining into the pool is a sign of a bad check valve, or less likely a bad three way valve.

The line sending water to the spa from the pump almost always has a check valve on it to prevent water from running backwards from the spa back down to the pump. If that check valve can be opened for servicing, you should do so. Clean out any debris and check the condition of the flapper and spring, replacing anything that looks broken/worn. If the valve is not openable, you should replace it with one that is serviceable.

If the check valve looks fine, you should also check the two three way valves that switch between pool and spa mode. One of them might not be fully closing in pool mode, allowing water to leak through.

The water seepage is going to be a completely unrelated issue. It is usually more difficult to pinpoint the problem than it is to fix.

Thanks Jason, as suggested it was a bad check value and I replaced it with the help of professional ( in competent me:( ), now all is well. Planning to address the seepage and leak issues soon but worried about the expenditure and quality of workmanship.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.