Green pool - Just getting started with BBB

I wanted to update folks on my SLAM. Been going for over 2 weeks now.

CC is 0
It passes the overnight FC test
Is the water clear enough? Below are shots from my shallow and deep ends.

y2y7a4eq.jpg

y7u7yhyq.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you see the main drain easily? Can you tell if the screw heads holding the cover on are standard or phillips or torx? If not, then the water is not clear. That means stay at SLAM. However, you have a sand filter, which are notoriously slow at clearing the last of the stuff out of the water. It might be time to read Add DE to a Sand Filter. Also be sure you have good circulation at the deep end. If you have a main drain, be sure you're drawing from it. See if you can't point a return eyeball down at the deep end. That will get that fine stuff stirred up where the filter can grab it.

Definitely not clear enough to see drain but way better than it was earlier in the process.

I tried adding DE earlier in the SLAM, but it really didn't seem to make much difference so discontinued it.

I will continue to stay at SLAM until the clarity improves.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My pool was the clearest it's been since I started the SLAM. I could finally see the algae debris in the deep end. Anyhow, I started vacuuming and was able to get a good bit out. However, I am noticing some brown stains that were not present before I got the algae bloom. Hopefully this photo shows what I am seeing.

6ypyqumu.jpg

I tried brushing vigorously but that didn't seem to make a difference. Here is a pic of the brush I have in case that helps.

ha7u5a6a.jpg

What can I do to try and address the stains?

Thanks in advance.

Those stains may just be organics from debris rotting on the surface. A few weeks maintaining normal FC levels will fix that. The uglier alternative is that they are calcium scale and have organic debris trapped within. Finish the SLAM, fine tune the rest of it, and keep brushing. If things don't improve in a month, start a new thread!

I agree. They may go away, they may not, but focus on the SLAM.

Once your pool is clean and you're in TFPC maintenance mode, you will have freed up an incredible amount of time to find things wrong and fix. Sparklypoolitis is a disease that leads to constant tweaking, adjusting, and fixing in the constant, unattainable holy grail of the perfect pool.

Well, I sure hope I can get to a state of Sparklypoolitis before too long. I have to say the SLAM process is getting old after 2+ weeks. Also, I will have to be out of town for most of next week so won't be able to devote any time to it then.

I wanted to send an update on my pool status. I had my son add bleach while I was gone and the water looks great. I think I'm finally starting to get some of that sparklypoolitis. :)

u9a8ugy4.jpg

uguza7uq.jpg

I think I'm ready to finally call off the SLAM. Passed the overnight FC test, CC is 0 and the water is clear. Now I think I need to get a full set of test results to see what needs to be balanced.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.