Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What is this valve for?

1. Back To Top    #1

Austin, TX

What is this valve for?

Hi all,

I have an air machine below water level. The pipe from machine to spa has a T fitting. One end goes to spa while the other end goes to a valve. Do you know why the valve needs to be there?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lazy-L shaped pool and a spa. 22.5k gallons. Pentair VS pump. Pentair cartridge filter CCP520. STA-Rite SR400NA heater (400K BTU). Hayward salt system. Leuder limestone coping. Pebble sheen (blue granite) Wooden deck.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Somewhere in the middle of Nebraska

Re: What is this valve for?

Just guessing as from the picture I can only see one T-Fitting with one end that points out into the open air with what appears to be the valve without a handle that you are talking about... yes?

My Best Guess: it is either to allow you to drain the plumbing to that point or to allow connection to something else at one point in time.
    Intex Ultraframe 14'x3.5-Round (4000ish-gal) AG - Vinyl - Intex 5667EG Sand Filter 1600gph :)
    ( retired: 637R Crtrge 1000gph someday it may have another life as a water fountain... or feet washer! Solar Water Heater? )

:mrgreen: Click here to Goto Pool School. :scratch: How Much Of What? Click Here - :lookhere: TestKits

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: What is this valve for?

It might be to allow some air loss if the blower provides too much air flow or pressure.