Jandy Valve JVA's mounted wrong?

smamas

Jun 20, 2011
Hey guys,

I have a friend who has the Jandy JVA's. I was there the other day and noticed that when they rotated from pool to spa, they rotated the wrong direction and dead headed both the intake and output feed of the Jandy valves. His Jandy valves are standard, using the middle ports as input and output to the pump.

The JVA's are mounted 180 degrees from what I would consider the normal mounting position. Have these been installed wrong?

I think that what I should do is take them off and rotate 180 degrees and re-install. Then flip the switches on both JVA's from the current position to the other position.

Does this sound right?

Thanks!

Welcome to TFP!

Given your description, yes you are correct.

However, before doing anything you should make sure you are understanding the situation correctly. It is fairly easy to mix up which port is closed relative to the handle position, and it is also possible, thought not at all common and requiring a slight modification, for the handles to be put on backwards.

Finally, if you do reverse the actuator, it is likely that the rotation stop cams will need to be adjusted to suit the new mounting position.

Thank you Jason.

I am sure it is dead heading the pump. I can watch the pressure gauge go to zero on the filter while the JVA rotates and closes off the B sides of the valves. I think they were mounted 180 degrees off, and then no one did a cam adjustment.

I have briefly read the Jandy Installation manual. It says in the standard position the cams would not need to be changed. I guess this assumes you open and close the valves completely. But It may be as easy as just turning them around. Are the cams pretty easy to adjust?

If they are stopping in the correct locations that are 180 from each other, I think you can just pull the 4 screws, flip the actuator 180 (change screws in valve as required), reinstall, and then need to flip the little switch on the back of actuator so it goes to the right side at the right time. Of course confirm that when you put it back on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.