Tx coast
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Now that I suckered you in....I may have lied about the prize. Other than the satisfaction of knowing you're a pool part pro and helped a friend of a goofy guy on the forum there is no prize.

Without further lies, here's the part...I believe it is a in floor cleaning device from many moons ago. This is the only one in the pool, there is a ball valve that operates it and only it.

If you turn it on now, it apparently rises from the bottom and sprays water everywhere. (If it'll help I'm willing to waste my friends water just so I can see this and take a pic of it).

If this is the wrong forum for this, I'm sorry...I took a wild guess as to the appropriate forum.

How far does that fitting popup? It also looks like it's not all there. Missing the top part. Usually floor fittings will be flush when retracted to minimize toe stubbing.

NOTE:
You may want to rework that photo. Clicking on it gives full visual access to your Photobucket account!

Based on his story to me the thing shoots up completely out of the pool water...but I don't see how that's possible. It's in the shallow, so maybe 3-4ft deep.

and yeah he believes there was a Cage or something on top of it (it somehow vanished).

Hmm...guess I need to figure out my photobucket acct. There's nothing there too personal so no biggie, but thanks for the heads up. I'll try to lock it down if I can.

The reason I'm curious about it is it's broken (It shouldn't shoot out of the water)...And he's looking to repair it. (he wasn't the home owner when the pool was built.)

EDIT: Pool Clown, did that work? Thanks again for the heads up. I'm about 100% moron 80% of the time.

Update. He got in the rather brisk pool and got a shot of it after cleaning out a few of the holes.

And it's above water level again

Those pics help anyone? Were trying to 100% ID the maker. "Fantasy fountains" wasn't terribly helpful in giving me any useful images to compare against.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.