Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help Identify this part. Win a prize

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

Help Identify this part. Win a prize

Now that I suckered you in....I may have lied about the prize. Other than the satisfaction of knowing you're a pool part pro and helped a friend of a goofy guy on the forum there is no prize.

Without further lies, here's the part...I believe it is a in floor cleaning device from many moons ago. This is the only one in the pool, there is a ball valve that operates it and only it.

If you turn it on now, it apparently rises from the bottom and sprays water everywhere. (If it'll help I'm willing to waste my friends water just so I can see this and take a pic of it).

If this is the wrong forum for this, I'm sorry...I took a wild guess as to the appropriate forum.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help Identify this part. Win a prize

I'm gonna guess it's just there to kick up any leaves that settle to the bottom, so hopefully the skimmer could get them.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

How far does that fitting popup? It also looks like it's not all there. Missing the top part. Usually floor fittings will be flush when retracted to minimize toe stubbing.

NOTE:
    You may want to rework that photo. Clicking on it gives full visual access to your Photobucket account!
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Based on his story to me the thing shoots up completely out of the pool water...but I don't see how that's possible. It's in the shallow, so maybe 3-4ft deep.

and yeah he believes there was a Cage or something on top of it (it somehow vanished).

Hmm...guess I need to figure out my photobucket acct. There's nothing there too personal so no biggie, but thanks for the heads up. I'll try to lock it down if I can.

The reason I'm curious about it is it's broken (It shouldn't shoot out of the water)...And he's looking to repair it. (he wasn't the home owner when the pool was built.)

EDIT: Pool Clown, did that work? Thanks again for the heads up. I'm about 100% moron 80% of the time.
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Here's pic of it on. He told me before it shot water everywhere...didn't this time.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

It's a fountain water feature.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

7. Back To Top    #7

Strange, I don't recall seeing this posted on the forum before now.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

It didn't used to shoot up before late last season. He says he used to feel water moving around his feet when it was on.

Found this online. http://www.fantasyfountains.com/swim...ping-fountains

I dunno though.

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

http://www.fountains4pools.com/info.htm
    Look at the tech sheet on this site. I think it may match...

I'll have him measure. If the OD is 3.5" we may have a winner ps0303

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Update. He got in the rather brisk pool and got a shot of it after cleaning out a few of the holes.

And it's above water level again

Those pics help anyone? Were trying to 100% ID the maker. "Fantasy fountains" wasn't terribly helpful in giving me any useful images to compare against.

11. Back To Top    #11

Sorry I can't help, but I would have never guessed that. Hmm, interesting.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

12. Back To Top    #12

Looks like a nice way to cool down you pool during those really hot summers! Kinda wish I had something like that!
    Steve
    Deep in the Heart......errrr HEAT of Texas
    20k gallon gunite formal