Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Mastertemp heater whines

1. Back To Top    #1

Novato, CA

New Mastertemp heater whines

I've recently installed a new Pentair Mastertemp 200 heater. The blower motor has an intermittent high-pitched whine. I know it's not the "flame too rich" problem the troubleshooting guide mentions because it occurs even when the burner cycles off and/or when I turn the gas supply valve completely off.

I saw one post in the archives about this problem but nothing about the fix. Does anyone have any further information?

It's still under warranty, but I wanted to get as much info as possible prior to calling Pentair.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: New Mastertemp heater whines

Supposedly, Pentair has a different air orifice grate that will help with this issue. Give them a call.

A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you.

3. Back To Top    #3

Long Beach, CA

Re: New Mastertemp heater whines

The whine could be caused by a couple different things, my in-laws had a whine that started on the second day that ended up being a broken piece of plastic. Call Pentair and setup a service call.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process