Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding pictures hosted elsewhere

1. Back To Top    #1

Adding pictures hosted elsewhere

There have been a lot of issues today with people trying to post pictures and violating the limit and then trying to post the link to photobucket.

When you click the picture to paste in the image URL, there is a box that is checked that says "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" ... I think this means it is trying to upload the picture to here which then violates the limit again. Is there a way to make that box default to UNchecked? ... if that is indeed what the box means.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adding pictures hosted elsewhere

I will look into this more.......and send an email over to Jason, however.......

I do not think it is possible to do this without re-writing the code of the software. I do believe however it is possible to do away with the "attachment" button that is currently there now, and change it to one that adds the [IMG] code instead.

3. Back To Top    #3

I think I fixed it. Please try again and see if it defaults off now.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Yup, defaults off now ... that should help with some of the confusion.
    I was telling Lee that we need to update a tutorial on how to host and post pictures before the summer rush.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!