Proper way to set anchors for pool cover

Apr 26, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
So, I moved into our current home last year and was able to use the pool for a bit before having to close it for the off-season. And on goes the solid cover. The area around the pool is one long side and the ends are concrete while the other long side is landscaping. The anchor support in the concrete is solid. However the anchor support in the landscaping side is just pushed into the dirt. Living in PA, we had a good amount of snow this winter. With all that snow piling on top of the cover, it caused most of the anchor support that's in the dirt to come very loose and out of the dirt. What's the best way to fix the issue? Our concrete posts into the dirt ground and stick in the anchor in the post?

Thanks!

You need a significant amount of concrete to properly anchor the cover. You can burry that concrete down a few feet to keep the planting bed, but if you go that route you will need something like a steel pipe embedded in the deep concrete and filled with concrete to properly support the anchors.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking but wasn't sure if there are any other way. The only other thing is to remove the existing landscaping and pour a concrete foundation. For me, it's a safety factor since the one side is completely lose and anything (leaves, people, animal) can fall in and be trapped.

Oh...now i'm afraid to pull the cover out completely as I might see dead animals in there. Wonderful.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.