Installing CircuPool Si

Oct 1, 2012
South Central PA
Split from this topic. Please ask questions in your own topic, rather than reusing someone else's topic. Thanks JasonLion

Oh ohhhhhh salinity is 4600ppm average- 4700 instant- the high salt is flashing still generating tho.
timerguy,

I just bought a Si45 and I'm trying to plan my install. I'm not a plumber, and I'm having trouble figuring out the dimensions of the connections for the cell and the flow switch. It looks like 1.5" PVC going into the cell and 2" going into the flow valve. Is that correct? Thanks for posting this pic, it's the best one I could find of an installed CircuPool SWCG.

Re: I FINALLY got my SWG installed and running

kshifle, the CircuPool Si uses 2" connections on all components. timerguy has 2" to 1.5" reducers, one just below the flow switch and the other on the right just after the cell.

timerguy,

I just bought a Si45 and I'm trying to plan my install. I'm not a plumber, and I'm having trouble figuring out the dimensions of the connections for the cell and the flow switch. It looks like 1.5" PVC going into the cell and 2" going into the flow valve. Is that correct? Thanks for posting this pic, it's the best one I could find of an installed CircuPool SWCG.
2" in all though there are (2) 1.5" Adapters for the cell. I used one for the cell and one for the flow switch. more adapters could be purchased at any Lowes or Home Depot 2" elbows and any union connectors as well.

Thanks for the replies, I think I have it figured out. My Si45 came with 2 of each of these: 1.5" connectors, 2" connectors, and 2"->1.5" reducer bushings. The reducer bushings were already inside the 2" connectors, once I popped them out it made more sense.

Here are my planned connections, water flows left to right:

1.5" PVC -> reducer bushing -> 2" flow valve -> 2" PVC -> 2" cell connector -> cell -> 1.5" cell connector -> 1.5" PVC

Any issues with using a 2" connector on one side of the cell and a 1.5" connector on the other side of the cell?

How much would you say is adequate? I'm building mine as we speak. (Just assembling so I have all the cuts)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

kshifle, the CircuPool Si uses 2" connections on all components. timerguy has 2" to 1.5" reducers, one just below the flow switch and the other on the right just after the cell.

But I discovered today, they're not the ones that came with the Si-45. The ones shown in my picture actually came in the vertical installation kit they sent me. To plumb my new replacement system, I had to go to lowes to get a 2 to 1.5 fitting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.