iJet - self regulating variable return

acamato

LifeTime Supporter
May 12, 2008
Long Island, NY
I am thinking of replacing the motor on my SuperPump with a VS motor (Ecotech EZ or V-Green). I am leaning toward the V-Green (its more $$, but it has an aux output for a SWG). No need to a separate timer or current sensing relay.

I also want to replace my returns, they are 14 years old. I came across the iJet. It is a return that has a variable orifice based upon flow and sell for $21 each. It is a gimmick?

http://www.paramountpoolproducts.com/products/ijet/

I don't know if it is worth the additional expense. I will most likely be running the pump at a high speed just to power my Polaris 360. I will most likely run the pump to have enough flow to keep satisfy the flow switch on the SWG.

The iJet is cool, but not particularly important. Usually it is easy enough to get appropriate behavior from standard return fittings, even at low speeds, leaving little motivation to get the fancier fittings.

Funny, you mention the iJet, I was just seriously considering trying them out myself in the last couple days to help with circulation on low speed. I thought they had been discussed on the forum previously, but could not find the posts.

No idea if they are a gimmick or not, fundamentally they should help, but there is the question of the head loss they add which will lower flow rate some and the longevity of the rubber parts.

I sent a message to someone asking about them just a few days ago and have yet to hear back. BTW, I found them a bit cheaper than that depending on how many and the color/type you need.

Funny, you mention the iJet, I was just seriously considering trying them out myself in the last couple days to help with circulation on low speed. I thought they had been discussed on the forum previously, but could not find the posts.

No idea if they are a gimmick or not, fundamentally they should help, but there is the question of the head loss they add which will lower flow rate some and the longevity of the rubber parts.

I sent a message to someone asking about them just a few days ago and have yet to hear back. BTW, I found them a bit cheaper than that depending on how many and the color/type you need.

Jason,

I'm a little late on the response but I reviewed these jets in this thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/51327-Variable-Returns but they were under a different name at the time. Overall, I though the product does what the manufacturers claims. The only problem is one of them began to tear after the first season.

I actually did end up buying some, but have yet to install them. I have 4 jets and bought 4, although I may try just installing one where I could really use a velocity boost to help my skimming.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.