Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: iJet - self regulating variable return

1. Back To Top    #1

iJet - self regulating variable return

I am thinking of replacing the motor on my SuperPump with a VS motor (Ecotech EZ or V-Green). I am leaning toward the V-Green (its more $$, but it has an aux output for a SWG). No need to a separate timer or current sensing relay.

I also want to replace my returns, they are 14 years old. I came across the iJet. It is a return that has a variable orifice based upon flow and sell for $21 each. It is a gimmick?

http://www.paramountpoolproducts.com/products/ijet/

I don't know if it is worth the additional expense. I will most likely be running the pump at a high speed just to power my Polaris 360. I will most likely run the pump to have enough flow to keep satisfy the flow switch on the SWG.
    Pool Details: 25,440 Gal IG Vinyl 21x40 Mountain Pond (Graphex)
    Filter: Hayward Micro-Clear DE (48 Sq Ft)
    Pump: Hayward SP2603VSP VS Super Pump
    SWG: Circupool Si45
    Cleaner: Pentair Kreepy Krauly Prowler 820

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: iJet - self regulating variable return

The iJet is cool, but not particularly important. Usually it is easy enough to get appropriate behavior from standard return fittings, even at low speeds, leaving little motivation to get the fancier fittings.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Funny, you mention the iJet, I was just seriously considering trying them out myself in the last couple days to help with circulation on low speed. I thought they had been discussed on the forum previously, but could not find the posts.

No idea if they are a gimmick or not, fundamentally they should help, but there is the question of the head loss they add which will lower flow rate some and the longevity of the rubber parts.

I sent a message to someone asking about them just a few days ago and have yet to hear back. BTW, I found them a bit cheaper than that depending on how many and the color/type you need.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

I can't comment on that one, but I did install an Infusion http://www.infusionpool.com/ venturi return in my deep end last year and it has considerably helped the problem I had with cold water settling there (I don't have a floor drain).

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Funny, you mention the iJet, I was just seriously considering trying them out myself in the last couple days to help with circulation on low speed. I thought they had been discussed on the forum previously, but could not find the posts.

No idea if they are a gimmick or not, fundamentally they should help, but there is the question of the head loss they add which will lower flow rate some and the longevity of the rubber parts.

I sent a message to someone asking about them just a few days ago and have yet to hear back. BTW, I found them a bit cheaper than that depending on how many and the color/type you need.
    Jason,

I'm a little late on the response but I reviewed these jets in this thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...riable-Returns but they were under a different name at the time. Overall, I though the product does what the manufacturers claims. The only problem is one of them began to tear after the first season.
    Free-form concrete walls with vinyl liner, 18,000 gallon capacity, Jandy 1.5HP e-Pump, Jandy DEV48 DE filter (using cellulose media), Jandy AE2500 heat pump, Jandy Aqualink Power Center with 14-blade cell kit and Jandy PDA-P8 wireless control system.

6. Back To Top    #6

I actually did end up buying some, but have yet to install them. I have 4 jets and bought 4, although I may try just installing one where I could really use a velocity boost to help my skimming.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!