how does the gorilla pad hold up? how about the foam?

I'm getting ready to get my stuff together to set the pool up for the upcoming season. The intex pool we previously had developed to many pin holes along the outer edge of the bottom where the wall is seamed into the floor. So this will be a new pool purchase, going to be going with the same size and type again this year 15'x48" regular frame intex. The place where the pool gets set up is left to mother nature in the off season and is cleaned up before setup the next season. I have edged my perimeter with those concrete garden edgers. there is a tarp over the 18' diameter and I have covered the tarped area with quick-crete play sand. tarps have been used over the sand in its years of use. last year I installed 12"x12"x1" pavers under the legs to stop them from sinking.

This year I was going to add some more sand due to some erosion and the loss when cleaning for opening season. I want to protect the bottom of the pool more and the sand I just do not think it did the job well so I either want to add the foam sheets or the gorilla pad.

So I have a few questions for both sides both foam and gorilla pad owners.

Can gorilla pad or foam sheets be re-used from year to year, meaning rolled up? folded up and stored until next year?

Can the gorilla pad or foam sheets be set up directly on my sand base? or should I use a tarp over the sand?

Do I need to use a tarp over the top of the gorilla pad or foam then put the pool on the tarp?

The Gorilla pad comes in a 15' round since my pool is a 15' round will my legs be on the gorilla pad?

What size thickness foam?

Price of 1/2" foam is cheapest but the gorilla pad is cheaper. gorilla pad is only 1/8" thick though.

Any feedback would be great.

I have a gorilla pad under my pool.

The edge of the pad is just slightly larger than the pool, so your leg supports will be partially covered.

I placed mine right on top of the sand, no tarp.

I can't say about the reuse year to year, as I left the pool up this winter.

Yes it is thin, but as far as I can tell will do the job well enough.

If I could have afforded it, I would have put 1" foam under it.

What Charlie said. The Gorilla pad protects the liner but it is not a nice cushy padding. Adding 1" foam will make a huge difference on how the bottom feels when you are in the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.