Forum Musician and young pool owner willing to learn!

Don't bother with the wall foam. Not worth the money and increases the risk of puncture to the liner. I have the cove and think its worth the extra money. The gorilla pad is used only to protect the liner from nut grass, rocks, roots and things of that nature. You'll get no comfort from it. It's pretty thin material. Just used as a barrier. ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The less holes you have to put in the liner the better so nix the main drain. You don't need it.

Yes for gorilla pad. Yes for coves. No for wall foam.

BIGGER is BETTER! :mrgreen: If I could have gotten a 33ft above ground pool, I would have! No one said ever... I wish I had a smaller pool. I could not get a bigger one because of the property line and garage placement. If the garage wasn't there, hubz would have a monsterous pool in the side yard!

I misread your post I thought you meant covers. Sorry !
Well you've got a winter cover to keep debris out of the pool while it's closed and you have solar covers to help retain heat loss at night. The solar cover will add some increase in water temp if the air temp is cooler than the water temp and the sun is out. You'll get your best heating with a solar cover off and warm temps and full sun on the pool.

The cove is part of the construction of an above ground pool. It makes a smooth transition from wall to floor and eliminates crevices at the transition that would trap dirt and algae. If you don't use a foam cove then you must build one out of sand. The advantage of a foam cove is that it won't compact down over time and get dents in it from people stepping on it, or wash out if you have a leak at the base of the liner.

You want the water to run the circle of the the pool so it's pushing water to the skimmer box. Some people point them towards the center of the pool which I never could understand. It makes me want to go adjust their eyeball when I wee it! :mrgreen:

Sounds amazing. I checked today and the liner I will be receiving is 25mil. I was worried it was a 20. Also the included pump and filter consists of a 26 inch 300lb 3.5 sq ft sand filter and a 1.5 up rated pump. I don't need them though as I already have a brand new 1.5 full rated hayward 2 speed powerflo matrix pump and a 24' 300lb hayward in ground sand filter.

We also had 4 trees cut down a couple of days ago, and are having a few more trimmed. All cut and removed for 700$. It should equate to around 30%-50% more sunlight on the pool. Less surface debris too which was a PAIN. We also bought a Hayward skimmer with a bigger skimmer basket.

Hey guys! I'll keep this short and simple. My name is Blake and I am from Birmingham, AL. I am 20 years old and have always been interested in swimming pools. I've been a pool owner for roughly 2 years now, and sadly a tree fell on our relatively new 24' by 52 pool! We are in the process of getting a replacement built(30' by 54). I know the basics of swimming pool chemistry but by no means am I an expert. I fully recommend and use the BBB method. I am looking forward to learning even more from seasoned pool enthusiasts such as yourselves.

I'm an Assistant Store Manager at Gamestop, and an aspiring musician. I play the electric guitar and STRIVE to sound the heaviest I can! Metallica is my biggest influence!(That is me in my avatar sporting my Flying V)!

Awesome!! My 15year old has a white Flying V..he plays everyday after he gets home from school..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support