Time to repaint. HELP

CMalan

Mar 26, 2014
United States
Hi there, Its that time of year again where opening the pool has come. My pool is concrete and about 5 years ago was repainted with an epoxy paint. (RAMUC dawn blue to be exact) The original paint was rubber based and had to be sandblasted off. over the years, seeing i don't have a cover for the pool, the paint has had lots of abuse. it has areas where it has chipped, or pealed off, and other places it has stained due to the winter month algae. Im not that much of a fan of the color as I feel it shows alot of the dirt. I was looking to switch to olympic's bikini blue.

I know there are a few different kinds of epoxy paints. Im wondering what kind I should go with. there is the The POXOLON 2 System and the ZERON System. What one is most user friendly, and easy to apply? When going to apply the paint do i need a primer? do i need to get back down to the concrete (I really don't want to do that) or is there one i can acid wash whats on the pool, and paint right over?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Casey

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.