Advantage of using Visa/Credit Card that offers Extended Warranty Purchase Protection

bobodaclown

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2011
Murrieta, CA
Hello All,
First of all I'm a pretty frugal guy. I tend to shop around for what I think may be the best value.
I purchased a couple of large cost items that I've had to use the Visa Extended Warranty Protection not all cards offer it, so you may want to check your card.

First item was my Smart Kleen Pool Cleaner ($400). 2nd year a sensor in the motor died. Brought it in got a repair estimate. It was actually cheaper to buy a new one then to repair it. Visa refunded the cost of the item. I was able to purchase the same model for the same price. Plus got an the new warranty all over again. (Used the same Visa Card to double the warranty again.)They cut me a check for the replacement of the pool cleaner.

Second item is my SWCG ($749) Compupool CPSC-48. In the 3rd year. Visa stated they'll cover the cost of the upgrade to the CPX-48 ($400). It will also come with a new warranty. It's in process now.

Visa will double the manufacturers warranty up to 3 years.

They don't cover the cost of installation.

Just a heads up. Some times we forget what benefits we have. I can't complain.

Hope this helps some one else.

http://usa.visa.com/personal/card-benefits/credit-card/warranty-manager.jsp

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.