Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Advantage of using Visa/Credit Card that offers Extended Warranty Purchase Protection

1. Back To Top    #1

Red face Advantage of using Visa/Credit Card that offers Extended Warranty Purchase Protection

Hello All,
    First of all I'm a pretty frugal guy. I tend to shop around for what I think may be the best value.
    I purchased a couple of large cost items that I've had to use the Visa Extended Warranty Protection not all cards offer it, so you may want to check your card.

First item was my Smart Kleen Pool Cleaner ($400). 2nd year a sensor in the motor died. Brought it in got a repair estimate. It was actually cheaper to buy a new one then to repair it. Visa refunded the cost of the item. I was able to purchase the same model for the same price. Plus got an the new warranty all over again. (Used the same Visa Card to double the warranty again.)They cut me a check for the replacement of the pool cleaner.

Second item is my SWCG ($749) Compupool CPSC-48. In the 3rd year. Visa stated they'll cover the cost of the upgrade to the CPX-48 ($400). It will also come with a new warranty. It's in process now.

Visa will double the manufacturers warranty up to 3 years.

They don't cover the cost of installation.

Just a heads up. Some times we forget what benefits we have. I can't complain.

Hope this helps some one else.

http://usa.visa.com/personal/card-be...ty-manager.jsp
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Advantage of using Visa/Credit Card that offers Extended Warranty Purchase Protec

That is one of the top benefits that card holders don't realize they have.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!