Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy valve question - what's the difference between 4717 & 4944?

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Jandy valve question - what's the difference between 4717 & 4944?

As the title says, what's the difference between Jandy part number 4717 & 4944? Both are Pro series "Never Lube", 3-way, 2" - 2 1/2" valves that seem nearly identical.

The only difference I've read from the data sheets is that 4944 has both internal & external stops - what does that mean? Does it change the operation of the valve in any way?
    19688 gal outdoor IG rectangular marcite, Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP pump, Hayward C1200 Star-Clear Plus 120 sqft cartridge filter, HASA Liquidator, Zodiac Baracuda T5-Duo suction cleaner.
    Fill water: FC 2, pH 7.8, TA 180, CH 150

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy valve question - what's the difference between 4717 & 4944?

I've gone ahead and ordered the 4944; I'll update this thread once I receive it...
    19688 gal outdoor IG rectangular marcite, Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP pump, Hayward C1200 Star-Clear Plus 120 sqft cartridge filter, HASA Liquidator, Zodiac Baracuda T5-Duo suction cleaner.

3. Back To Top    #3

The Jandy valves typically did not have the external adjustable stops I did not think (Pentair did), must be a new variant that is shown here:
    http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/Pro...be-Valves.aspx

There are other pics you can click that do not have the external stops.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

I've poured over their site, tech spec and system brochure links, etc. and still can't make heads / tails out of which model has which features...

Edit: Sent e-mail to Jandy asking them to clarify.

5. Back To Top    #5

Apparently, they operate identically, but the 4944 offers extra stops to prevent someone from bypassing the external ones. "In some areas, code requires both external and internal stop to insure the valve cannot cause deadheading"