Anyone have experience with the liquidator?

Jun 24, 2008
MOBILE, AL
I bought a liquidator to go in my above ground pool but it isn't working right. I have my feed line hooked to the pump basket drain and it's not pulling a suction. My pump is running on high and it's outing out a ton of pressure into the pool but still not sucking from the liquidator. I called hasa and he told me it might be because it's an above ground pool and the pump is lower than the water level. Does anyone else have these installed on a above ground pool? If so how is yours set up?

Certain above ground pool installations have a problem with the LQ. Do you have a valve in the suction line that you can partially close? If so open the flow valve on the LQ and then slowly close the suction valve and see if the flow meter starts moving. If you don't have a valve, hooking up a vacuum and see if that makes it start working.

Certain above ground pool installations have a problem with the LQ. Do you have a valve in the suction line that you can partially close? If so open the flow valve on the LQ and then slowly close the suction valve and see if the flow meter starts moving. If you don't have a valve, hooking up a vacuum and see if that makes it start working.

BINGO!!!!! Once I started restricting the flow a little I started getting a suction through the flow meter.
Thanks for the help, this really is a great forum with great people.

While we'd all like as much flow as we can get, it doesn't hurt anything to run the suction valve closed a little.

The only caution I would add is to check the valve often to make sure someone doesn't see it partially closed and open it thinking they're doing you a favor. My sis had that happen once and ran for a while with no FC being added to the pool. She caught it in time, but it could have bad if they'd been gone for a weekend or something.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.