Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone have experience with the liquidator?

1. Back To Top    #1

Anyone have experience with the liquidator?

I bought a liquidator to go in my above ground pool but it isn't working right. I have my feed line hooked to the pump basket drain and it's not pulling a suction. My pump is running on high and it's outing out a ton of pressure into the pool but still not sucking from the liquidator. I called hasa and he told me it might be because it's an above ground pool and the pump is lower than the water level. Does anyone else have these installed on a above ground pool? If so how is yours set up?
    24' AG, 52" wall ,resin with 1Hp pentair pump with sand dollar sand filter. Hayward aquatrol salt generator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anyone have experience with the liquidator?

The first thing that comes to mind is that you might have one of the check valves or the flow indicator connected backward. This video is a fast run through, but might help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1UMoZHwWjk

Is the water level above the Out port/float? Can you post some pictures?
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Certain above ground pool installations have a problem with the LQ. Do you have a valve in the suction line that you can partially close? If so open the flow valve on the LQ and then slowly close the suction valve and see if the flow meter starts moving. If you don't have a valve, hooking up a vacuum and see if that makes it start working.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
    Certain above ground pool installations have a problem with the LQ. Do you have a valve in the suction line that you can partially close? If so open the flow valve on the LQ and then slowly close the suction valve and see if the flow meter starts moving. If you don't have a valve, hooking up a vacuum and see if that makes it start working.
    BINGO!!!!! Once I started restricting the flow a little I started getting a suction through the flow meter.
    Thanks for the help, this really is a great forum with great people.
    24' AG, 52" wall ,resin with 1Hp pentair pump with sand dollar sand filter. Hayward aquatrol salt generator

5. Back To Top    #5

My sister has to run her suction valve about 1/3rd closed in order to get her LQ to work correctly. There are a few threads about what people have done to get the LQ to work in low suction situations.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

That's about where mine is at, that being said it doesn't have any ill effects in the output so I am good to go.

7. Back To Top    #7

While we'd all like as much flow as we can get, it doesn't hurt anything to run the suction valve closed a little.

The only caution I would add is to check the valve often to make sure someone doesn't see it partially closed and open it thinking they're doing you a favor. My sis had that happen once and ran for a while with no FC being added to the pool. She caught it in time, but it could have bad if they'd been gone for a weekend or something.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator