can I clean my spa with my pool suction cleaner hose?

Angnjam

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 8, 2013
Southern California
I have a portable Sundance spa and I also have a pool that uses a suction cleaner (ThePoolCleaner) and I was wondering if I could just disconnect the cleaner and use my hose to clean the debris at the bottom of the spa, then put a little more water in the spa after cleaning to replace what has been sucked out.

If not, what type of cleaner for a portable spa works best? Thanks.

That could work if you can avoid getting too much air in the hose while trying to get it into the spa. OR you can get a little battery operated vacuum. OR you could just run in spa mode and brush anything into the spa drains to be filtered out.

EDIT: Oops just read a little more carefully and see it is a separate spa. I would get one of the battery suction cleaners.

That could work if you can avoid getting too much air in the hose while trying to get it into the spa. .
Whenever I vac I always put the vac head in the water then push all the air out
by holding the other end up to the discharge jet before I insert into suction hole...could do the same on the spa.
Keeps pump from cavitating and likely loss of prime.
Excuse me if this has been covered...new to the site :)

right, but that may not be possible in this situation where the suction side would already be hooked up in the pool and no jets on in the spa. That is certainly one way to do it before you hook the hose into the suction line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.