Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to this forum

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

New to this forum

I have an above ground pool, I also just started my pool service business, but I have a few things to learn, and I figured this was a good place.
    So far what I have read is mostly useful information.
    I have been doing a lot of reading, learning about the different chemicals and the affects they have on water, I don't have much experience with pool water treatment, I do have 20 years experience with different pumps, motors, electrical, plumbing, and dealing with chemicals, the mechanical part of this business for me is easy, the hardest part is packing all the water treatment part into my brain.
    Owner of Pool Service Pro, Hilmar, Ca.
    Biggest fish shot, 35 pound halibut, this was not in my 12,000 AG pool, Kreepy krawly vacuum that's obsessed with tying itself into knots.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to this forum

Welcome to TFP!
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!!!

As you may have noticed, we are primarily a forum of pool owners teaching other pool owners how to maintain their own pool. You may find that much of the stuff we teach is not directly applicable to someone like yourself who will only likely be servicing a pool once a week. While the chemistry is all the same, there are likely some levels you will need to adjust for your purposes.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to TFP ! 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Most are here to learn to service their own pools, I can still learn a lot from everyone here, just because I am starting a service business does not make me a Pro, yet anyway, I have a lot to learn and what better way then to learn from the general public.
    Owner of Pool Service Pro, Hilmar, Ca.
    Biggest fish shot, 35 pound halibut, this was not in my 12,000 AG pool, Kreepy krawly vacuum that's obsessed with tying itself into knots.

8. Back To Top    #8

The people that are willing to learn are the ones that will be successful, no matter what the subject is. I learn things here everyday ! 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.