Is my backyard big enough for a 33' X 54' agp?

Re: Is my backyard big enough for a 33' x 54 agp?

You just went from 13,500 gallons to almost 21,500 gallons. I'd say that's significant! 30 footer is a doggone good sized pool. I would recommend having two returns installed instead of the usual one if you can swing it.

Thank you. I actually just bought a new sand filter and pump that I was going to use on the replacement 24'. We decided to upgrade obviously, but the sand filter is a 24' Hayward inground sand filter and the pump is a 1.5hp 2-speed hayward power-flo matrix. Is that equipment recommended for my size pool? Or could I have went smaller or bigger.

You should be in the ok range with those. I certainly wouldn't have gone smaller on the filter. Thumbs up on the 2 speed.

In your opinion, should I run the pump on low for normal filtering and high for vacuuming? If not any ideas? Also, I noticed I'm okay in the filter, but I'm assuming a 26' would have been better?

You got it. That's how I run mine. On low for general filtering. I use high for vacuuming, mixing chem's and if I need better skimming action.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Is my backyard big enough for a 33' x 54 agp?

Bigger would not have been wrong. Smaller would have. Bigger filters less backwashing. You can use skimmer socks, nylon knee high over the skimmer basket. In the pollen season they help a lot. They catch a lot of stuff that would otherwise go to the filter. You just have to keep an eye on them as they can restrict flow when they get full. I use them all the time. I back washed my filter once last season. ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.