Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy lg250n propane conversion

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy lg250n propane conversion

So i want to convert a jandy lg250n made in 2004 from natural gas to propane. I have read that you need the whole burner assembly but they list the orifice as a separate part. So do i need a whole assembly? Why ? Here is the list of what i think i need: Pilot burner
    assembly p/n r0099200, gas valve p/n r0096900, orifice l0032900 (how many?). I cannot afford a new heater these pieces are around $500. Online. I got the heater with a used agp as a package deal. My other choice is to sell it and buy a used propane. Thanks in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Jandy lg250n propane conversion

Don't need whole burner, just the orifice. I think there are 9 of them. A quick search showed a low of 2.60 ea and a high of 9.00. The gas valve is the deal breaker 235.00 to 320.00. You may only find a "universal" at this point for that heater as it is discontinued. Same goes for the pilot assy. 85.00 to 122.00.

I think you can do better than 500.00, all i did was google Jandy+the part #, and came up with about half the price you showed.

Good Luck.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

3. Back To Top    #3

thanks i will try harder now that i know i can proceed with the conversion without the burner assembly. are there any test to perform on the heater to verify working order? i have only just got it and no inspection has been made?

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

So you bought it not knowing if it actually works?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

5. Back To Top    #5

It came with the pool i bought used.