CircuPool Si series similar to AquaRite?

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
Looking at the CircuPool Si series I notice several similarities to the AquaRite series. They aren't exact matches, for example the status lights are in a different position, but many many things are remarkably similar, including the diagnostic display sequence. I'm starting to wonder if the CircuPool Si series is a rebranded AquaRite?

Hmmm. That is interesting. Cells look basically the same and use the same fittings and claim to be a direct replacement. Although I do not see anything that says you can use the Si cells with the Hayward Aquarite or vice versa.

One thing of note is the the replacement cells for the Si units say they are not for use with the Si Plus version and I do not see any replacement cells for the Si+ (which have a 7 year warranty vs the 4 year on the Si units)

Looking at the CircuPool Si series I notice several similarities to the AquaRite series. They aren't exact matches, for example the status lights are in a different position, but many many things are remarkably similar, including the diagnostic display sequence. I'm starting to wonder if the CircuPool Si series is a rebranded AquaRite?
From what I've read and having talked to compuPool, The RJ series of CircuPool swgs were made by CompuPool. And the Si may still be made by them, tho they say no though the manufacturers are both in Australia from what I understand. JB is correct about the control box having the same logo.

I honestly believe The control Modules are exactly the same for all Circupool Models See this email I received before I actually received the system:
"The manufacturer has contacted us to let us know that the cell type on your system may need to be changed to fit with the 2014 software. Please make sure you check the cell ID after the unit has been installed. You can do this by pressing the system status button on the front panel 8 times. Below are the instructions:
1. Turn power on to the control unit.
2. Put the Super Chlor switch in the ON position, which is the middle position.
3. Press the system status button until you get to the cell type setting.
The cell type should read one of the following:

Si15 = F-9/Si20 = F-9 /Si30 = F-9/Si40 = F-15

Si45 = F-15/Si15 Plus = C-9/Si20 Plus = C-9/Si25 Plus = C-9

Si30 Plus = C-9/Si40 Plus = C-15/Si45 Plus = C-15.

4. Once the cell type is displayed, use the super chlor switch to change the cell type if necessary by moving the switch from the ON position, to the AUTO position. (Instructional Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ9HUNDqDKo)
5. The cell type will change as you move the switch from ON to AUTO.
6. Please make sure your system is on the correct cell type.
Si15=F-9
Si20=F-9
Si30=F-9
Si45=F-15
7. Once the correct cell type is selected, turn power off completely to the control unit and back on the reset the system." Mine was different than specified, but easily changed.

Hmmm. That is interesting. Cells look basically the same and use the same fittings and claim to be a direct replacement. Although I do not see anything that says you can use the Si cells with the Hayward Aquarite or vice versa.

One thing of note is the the replacement cells for the Si units say they are not for use with the Si Plus version and I do not see any replacement cells for the Si+ (which have a 7 year warranty vs the 4 year on the Si units)

Replacement cell for the Si-45+ : http://discountsaltpool.3dcartstores.com/OEM-replacement-cell-for-CircuPool-Si45-Plus_p_111.html
I've been told they will fit in the Si-45, but the Control Module needs to be reconfigured for the + cell.

From what I understand the cells are nearly identical but it's the programming that makes them more efficient. I've also been told that the coating on the titanium plates are thicker in the plus version. But after the 7 yrs. you have to use the 4 yr version

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

From what I understand the cells are nearly identical but it's the programming that makes them more efficient. I've also been told that the coating on the titanium plates are thicker in the plus version. But after the 7 yrs. you have to use the 4 yr version

Did you have to change your cell type? Or haven't you installed it yet?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have installed it yet I'm actually waiting to see if your second unit resolve the issue as my temperature outside has been in the mid to high 50's and 60's. I know it may sound like I'm waiting for you to be successful but I'm the type of guy that likes to have an idea what to expect in to reduce or mitigate any surprises

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.