Bleach Prices 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up 4 at target with the buy 3 get 1 free today plus 5% off with the cartwheel coupon. Regular $2.99 means 4 121 oz 8.25% for $8.52.

Is this nations wide? Man am I late to the game? Looks like I need to head back to Costco. Here in Houston the cheapest I get is 3 for $8.18. I haven't seen any place carry more than 8.25%. I need to check out Univar to see how much it costs.

Never, found them at local target. Tks.

Last edited:
My pool place in town thinks there liquid chorine 12.5 is a "steal" at $5.99 a gallon...HA! Ollie's had 12.5 for $2.99 a gallon. The first case I used was fine, the second batch was not 12.5%. Said it was , but I'm thinking it was degraded because I was not hitting my numbers when adding the recommended amount from Pool Math...it was more like 9%. Good old wal-mart bleach $2.98.

Wondering if you had the same date on both batches?

I've called Univar and they have 12.5% for $2.05/Gal and it comes in 53Gal Drums. Looks like I am going to grab one of this. Any one in Sugar Land, TX interest in splitting the drum? PM if interest otherwise I just keep it and it should probably last me a year. Is this product safe on clothes? I am thinking letting my wife use some of them if needed.

I've called Univar and they have 12.5% for $2.05/Gal and it comes in 53Gal Drums.
I saw a Univar truck loaded with these last week. They were dropping it off at a chilling plant. Must of been 50 to 100 drums on that truck. Lots of warning signs about oxidizers and stuff. I really wanted to ask for one.

Dollar General has their DG Home brand bleach (8.25%, 121 oz) on sale for $2.50 (ending Saturday 8/9). But they also have a $5 off coupon for a $25 purchase effective on 8/9 only. So on 8/9 you could buy 10 jugs for $20. I'm planning to buy 10 jugs as $2 per jug is the best price I've seen around here.

I've called Univar and they have 12.5% for $2.05/Gal and it comes in 53Gal Drums. Looks like I am going to grab one of this. Any one in Sugar Land, TX interest in splitting the drum? PM if interest otherwise I just keep it and it should probably last me a year. Is this product safe on clothes? I am thinking letting my wife use some of them if needed.

what number did you call... i'd like to get a drum, but no one answered when i called....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I get my liquid chlorine from a local pool store here in Phoenix. It's $14.20 after tax for 4 1 gallon jugs of 12.5%. That comes out to $3.55 a gallon AFTER tax. No jugs to dispose of either because I take them back and they replace the empties with a new set of 4 jugs. It's cheaper than any bleach I've found, and way easier too. The store is less than a mile and a half from my house and it takes 2 minutes to swap them out.

Oh and the best part is that they almost always have buy three get one free coupons at the store, so my 4 gallons of 12.5% usually comes out to about $10 after tax.

I get my liquid chlorine from a local pool store here in Phoenix. It's $14.20 after tax for 4 1 gallon jugs of 12.5%. That comes out to $3.55 a gallon AFTER tax. No jugs to dispose of either because I take them back and they replace the empties with a new set of 4 jugs. It's cheaper than any bleach I've found, and way easier too. The store is less than a mile and a half from my house and it takes 2 minutes to swap them out.

Oh and the best part is that they almost always have buy three get one free coupons at the store, so my 4 gallons of 12.5% usually comes out to about $10 after tax.

Sweet deal !!

well I've been spending a small fortune @ wal-mart for $2.90 121oz jugs of 8.25%
& I can't believe i just stumbled across the target buy 3 get 1 free deal today for the same thing
that's $2.25 for each %8.25% 121oz jug , best deal I've seen in Houston so far

I did go to http://www.napcochemical.com/contact.html yesterday though & confirm $1.68 gal for 10% bleach in bulk

You have to use their 15gal (150lb) carboy or bring your own containers & they said 5gal buckets with sealable lids that can take a 2" hose for filling are fine
As soon as my Stenner is here that's going to be my new source

Anyone on the north side of Houston should check them out , not far off FM 2920

Dollar General has their DG Home brand bleach (8.25%, 121 oz) on sale for $2.50 (ending Saturday 8/9). But they also have a $5 off coupon for a $25 purchase effective on 8/9 only. So on 8/9 you could buy 10 jugs for $20. I'm planning to buy 10 jugs as $2 per jug is the best price I've seen around here.

Thanks so much. Saved me $10. Most of the bottles were 14/190, which is only a month old. Folks who live in Austin, don't try the DG on Desau Road. I don't think I left 10 bottles and some of them are from January.

Well, my carefully crafted plan to buy 10 bottles of 8.25% at DG today for $2 each didn't work out. I went to 3 different DGs and each one had about 3 bottles on the shelf. So went to Target and got 12 bottles for $2.25 each. Half of them were 14/181 and the other half were 14/203. I'm happy.

121oz 8.25% Publix Brand Bleach was on sale last week for $2.10/each
One of my nearby pool stores (Pools and More Factory Outlet) sells 2.5 gallon jugs of 10.5% Chlorine for $5/each...buy 10 get 1 free rewards card, with double credit on wednesdays...
That works out to be $1.67/gallon for 10.5% if you do all your buying on Wednesday, $1.81/gallon the rest of the week.

That seems like a great deal....is there something I'm missing that should push me to just use bleach from the grocery/wal-mart, etc?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.