Bleach Prices 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacksonville, Florida

Walmart. Clorox. 8.25%. 121 oz jug $3.50.
Walmart. Great value. 8.25% 121oz jug 2.97

Leslie's pool supply. 10%. 2.5 gal. W/coupon. 3 jugs. $9.99

Pinch a penny. 10%. 2.5 gal. $3.57 per jug/ buy 10. Get 11th jug free

I never heard of Crystal Bleach before, but it's got the same chlorine level as the Clorox next to it.

Can't see the side label so I would take your word. It's made by the James Austin Co. The 2013 MSDS shows it at 2.0 - 2.5%. If it is 8.25% that's a good price. Just wish I could get deals like that in my area. I live in the chemical capitol of the US and can't get it in bulk. Univar in Houston "an hour away" has 12.5% for 1.89 with a min of 53gals.

Aldi's in Houston Ultra Tandil 96 fl oz Sodium Hypochlorite 6%, but Available Chlorine 5.7% up a dime to $1.37 = 23.785 cents per fl oz chlorine... Is that right? I don't like the fact they went up .10 time to shop around but gotta make sure I'm doing the calculations right. The univar deal sounds great but I don't know where I would put that much lol!

Aldi's in Houston Ultra Tandil 96 fl oz Sodium Hypochlorite 6%, but Available Chlorine 5.7% up a dime to $1.37 = 23.785 cents per fl oz chlorine... Is that right? I don't like the fact they went up .10 time to shop around but gotta make sure I'm doing the calculations right. The univar deal sounds great but I don't know where I would put that much lol!

If your not already using this here is a tool to determine the price per oz. http://poncatechsquad.com/dan/calc/chlorine/

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If your in the Chicago Suburbs, American Sales has 4 x 128 oz Jugs(12.5%) @ $9.96. That is year round. They also sell individual for 2.50 which is a penny more per bottle. (9.96/4) / (128 * .125) = .$.15/oz

The Great Escape has the same pricing. My bleach strategy is to buy 8-10 cases from Menard's or Ace at their spring sales price, then fill in whatever else I need from The Great Escape and American Sale at the price mentioned above.

Univar in Houston "an hour away" has 12.5% for 1.89 with a min of 53gals.

That's the route I'm thinking I'll go. However at least at the univar here you can get 15gal barrels at a little higher price. Due to weight I'm thinking I'll go 15 at a time.

I have a buddy who may be interested. If he is serious I may go ahead and get the 55gal drum and a pump to transfer 1/2 of it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.