Bleach Prices 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my local Krogers you can pick up the 1.89L bottle of concentrated Clorox bleach for 1.50 during their mega event sales. With coupons I can get them for .50 a bottle....this is for the couponing moms and dads out there.

Aldi's had 64oz for 1.29$ here in Atlanta, ga. I still decided to stick with Great value (walmart) for 121oz at $2.98 since it appears to keep my FC decent. The aldi's is 6% while the GV version is 8.25%

I just get the GV brand from WalMart. I've been stocking up since last month or so, every time I go to the store, I'll pick up 4 of them and put them in the cold dark basement until I'm ready to use them.

See if you can get a lot number before you buy. Lots of reports here that the dollar store bleach is either old, or only 3%, so ends up not being such a good deal.

Thank you for that notice. I remember going to a dollar store to get some bleach for a pool about 3yrs ago(long story as this was before I discovered that other people do this), I don't think it had any markings as to the strength...which worried me, but I took the gamble. It didn't work, and that might be why. I was flying blind and desperate for a quick fix.

I'll just stick with my previous plan of buying it in bulk. I think it will be more convenient in the long run, and lower risk as the supplier is local.

BTW, here's a way to decode the age of Clorox bleach (may work for other brands as well). Yesterday, I purchased two 3-pack boxes of Clorox 8.25% bleach. On the box (and on the individual bottles) is this code: A5 14 073 TX-1 13:19 R. The most useful parts of this code are A5 14 073.

• A5: The plant where the bleach was manufactured
  • 14: The 2-digit of the year it was manufactured (e.g., 14 = 2014)
  • 073: The day of the year it was manufactured (e.g., 73rd day of 2014, or March 14, 2014)

BTW, here's a way to decode the age of Clorox bleach (may work for other brands as well). Yesterday, I purchased two 3-pack boxes of Clorox 8.25% bleach. On the box (and on the individual bottles) is this code: A5 14 073 TX-1 13:19 R. The most useful parts of this code are A5 14 073.

• A5: The plant where the bleach was manufactured
  • 14: The 2-digit of the year it was manufactured (e.g., 14 = 2014)
  • 073: The day of the year it was manufactured (e.g., 73rd day of 2014, or March 14, 2014)

Useful info!! Thank you.

Wal-Mart - Hurst, Texas
Great Value - 121 Oz. - 8.25% - 2.97\Gal
Today they told me they were out, except for the one gallon on the shelf. (had this problem before...)
I walked around to check out the end cap and saw several gallons.
Then I noticed the next end cap over -- 3 Bottle Cases of 121oz 8.25% for $6.00 -- That's 2 bucks a Jug - Bought 4 cases

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wal-Mart - Hurst, Texas
Great Value - 121 Oz. - 8.25% - 2.97\Gal
Today they told me they were out, except for the one gallon on the shelf. (had this problem before...)
I walked around to check out the end cap and saw several gallons.
Then I noticed the next end cap over -- 3 Bottle Cases of 121oz 8.25% for $6.00 -- That's 2 bucks a Jug - Bought 4 cases

Probably some others using the TFPC method around there is sounds like. :D

Target is at it again! Their brand (up & up) is on sale 8.25% 121oz is $2.69 but get this...64 oz is on sale for $1. Obviously that's the better deal getting 128oz for $2.

On top of that they have a new app called cartwheel available for ios and android. Double dip with the app, get an additional 10% off up & up household items.

That means 64oz for $.90
I grabbed 6 and then found out the app coupon has a limit of 4 per purchase and 4 purchases per day.

I didn't feel like playing around with refunds and repurchases for such a small amount so I got 4 of them for $.90 and the other 2 for $1 but there's no reason I couldn't go back and get more! My pool's not that big so I don't really stock up that much but I know a lot of others keep more on hand.

I'm pretty sure tomorrow is the last day for the sale but if they did it once I'm sure they'll do it again!

On a side note, pepsi products are on the same sale right now. I was able to stock up on 2ltr pepsi and mountain dew for $.90 each too! (Same limit 4)

And while I'm being long winded... I have no idea how they'd keep track of that "4 purchases per day with the cartwheel discount" thing if you went to say, 6 different stores and bought them. Seems to me you could do 4 purchases of 4 items per store...(I have a lot of target stores nearby!) btw, Virginia Beach, Va.

Now, if that price sounds good to you, go stock up! lol

Local Ace hardware aka Westlake has 64oz Clorox 8.25% for .99 with "Ace rewards" card (which is free.)

I'm going to pick some up for good measure.

Local Ace hardware aka Westlake has 64oz Clorox 8.25% for .99 with "Ace rewards" card (which is free.)

I'm going to pick some up for good measure.

Well...I should have read the fine print "limit one at this price".

I think I'm just meant to buy bulk.

Thanks for the info. I picked up some of that Target $1 for 64 oz of 8.25% chlorine. Here in Austin, It looks like it was made in the same Texas plant the Walmart Great Value bleach comes from. At least the stamp was identical except for the date. Not quite as fresh as Walmart, but only by a few weeks. The sale ended last weekend.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.