New pool build - 10" centers or 12" centers?

Mar 24, 2014
Keller, TX
Hello....new to forum and first post. We live in Keller, TX and are in the process of finalizing a contract for a pool build. We have quotes from 4 reputable companies. Two are quoting building the pool with 1/2" steel on 10" centers and two are quoting with 1/2" steel on 12" centers. My question is what are the pros and cons of 10" vs. 12" centers? I've heard some people say you definitely want 10" centers as it makes the pool stronger but others say 12" centers it isn't much difference and it doesn't matter. What's the real difference between the two?

Welcome to TFP!

Lot's of builders use 3/8 on 10's but I think 1/2 on 12 would probably be ok too. Personally, I would rather go with 1/2 on 10's if I had the choice. How much difference it really makes in the long run I honestly can't say, but more in this case just seems much better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.